Buko Pandan Ice Cream with tender young coconut strips and intense pandan flavor is easy to make at home, and there’s no need for an ice cream maker! Rich and creamy, it’s a frozen treat you’d want year-round!
- Helpful tips
- How to serve and store
- More pandan recipes
- Buko Pandan Ice Cream
Ever since I learned how to make ice cream without an ice cream maker, I’ve yet to buy commercial ice creams again. Why would I when I can easily whip up a batch at home with minimal effort?
The process of homemade ice cream is so simple, and it’s just a matter of whipping together heavy cream and condensed milk and adding in flavorings. Seriously, the hardest part is waiting for the mixture to freeze.
Since buko pandan salad happens to be one of the most popular recipes on the blog, I thought you might want to enjoy its delicious flavors in ice cream form. Rich, creamy, and loaded with shredded young coconut and intense pandan taste, you’d crave this all year long.
Unfortunately, if you don’t like to use food extracts in food prep, this buko pandan ice cream is not for you. The buko pandan extract is not only for aesthetic purposes but also for the main flavor component.
- Use a heavy cream with at least 30% milk fat content for sturdier foam and better peaks. You can substitute Nestle’s all-purpose cream for heavy cream.
- For maximum volume, heavy cream and condensed milk should be very cold. You can also chill the bowl and the beaters in the freezer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Start beating the cream at low speed to build smaller bubbles for a stable foam. When the mixture begins to thicken, increase the speed to medium and continue to beat until you reach stiff peaks.
- Do not overbeat the whipped cream or the fat in the mixture will separate from the liquid. You’ve reached stiff peaks when the cream is thick and heavy and clings to the beaters. To check, turn the whisk up. The peaks should hold up proudly and should point straight up without collapsing.
- Drain the young coconut VERY WELL as the extra liquid will cause ice crystals and a coarse texture.